New Years News Letter: January 2012
Dig Newsletter – January 2012
- Educate Brand Connect: Doing What Dig Does Best – Letter from Chris Smith
- Upcoming Events (including our New Years Party on Friday, Jan 20!)
- Resource Investing News Network Top Content
- Dig’s New Blog
- The Digs on Dig
Educate Brand Connect: Doing What Dig Does Best
In 2011, Dig Media generated over 200,000 investor leads for the more than 150 clients that utilize targeted campaigns across our 30-site network of resource news websites. Although these leads help our clients connect with qualified investors, they are only a portion of the ongoing value we deliver for those who entrust us with their advertising dollars.
Our successful lead generation results are due in large part to our successful cultivation of a serious investor-based audience, which we have achieved through:
- Our commitment to deliver independent, well-researched and original content that has attracted such noteworthy syndication partners as The Street.com, The International Business Times and Business Insider;
- Our use of social media – e.g. Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter – which allows readers to share our content, further driving traffic to the Resource Investing News Network; and
- Our custom search engine optimization that has placed the websites in our network amongst the top ranked resource news sites on the web.
These strategies have earned our Network an international presence, placing our content and our clients in front of hundreds of thousands of potential global investors every month.
The majority of our audience is based in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom, but recent data indicates our audience base includes some of the most important developing economies in the world.
According to Google Trends the majority of searches using the term “gold investing” originated in Singapore, which is not only a premiere financial hub for Asia, but also a major global financial center that boasts a number of world-class banking institutions. The Asian nation of India is also responsible for a significant number of “gold investing” searches. India’s exploding economic growth is expected to propel its middle class population to 200 million in the next five years, eclipsing that of the United States which has seen its middle class shrink over the past few decades.
Dig Media’s effective content and search engine optimization strategies have led Google to list our Gold Investing News and Resource Investing News sites as among the most relevant results for the search term “gold investing,” placing Singapore and India in our top ten list of countries from which our readers hail.
A recent article addresses this topic: Canada Attractive to Foreign Investors: How to Invest in the TSX
Dig Media offers several avenues for connecting clients with this growing international resource investor-based audience. The Educational Profiles we create for each client build brand awareness and allow the audience to learn more about a particular company’s value proposition. These professionally written profiles attract traffic from readers interested in learning more about opportunities with up and coming companies in the resource sector. Each profile includes features such as social media sharing tools, links to analyst coverage, latest company news feed, multimedia material and a custom information request form.
We create additional value for our clients by offering several options for increasing brand recognition and education including:
- Branded Press Releases — Client company news is published on the home page of relevant Investing News sites and to Twitter offering increased exposure to the international investing community. Each company news release includes a logo, press release summary, links to the company educational profile and the entire press release online.
- Stock Catalysts Reports — Each month our respected analyst partner Thomas Schuster helps the investor identify future client news items or “Catalysts” that address significant company milestones that could move the stock price in the near term. This monthly report is published in all of our Network Newsletters for five days for subscribers before being shared on Resource Investing News.
- Analyst Commentary — Professionally-written commentary by Thomas Schuster, these reports accompany client news releases and aims to help the investor understand the significance of the news and how it impacts shareholder value. These paid reports are published on the home pages of relevant Investing News sites, company Educational Profiles, in the 30 daily newsletters across the Network and through social media campaigns.
As always your thoughts, comments and suggestions are appreciated.
Dig Media Open House New Year’s Party: The Dig Media Team would love for you to come celebrate the New Year with us!
January 20th, 2012 from 4PM until late!
560 Beatty Street (between Chambar and Medina)
Suite L200 (Lower Level)
RSVP at 604-688-8231 or by email
Be prepared for a great evening of beer, wine, appetizers, ping pong, pool, foosball and music! Looking forward to seeing you!
Market Edge Media IR Conference (Vancouver)
January 20th (before our party!)
We have partnered with Howard and Neil for this show and recommend it to all IR professionals. Take a look at the agenda and we think you’ll agree. A full day educational event for Investor Relations professionals and public company executives to sharpen their skills and learn the latest information in an ever changing and challenging field. For more information: Click Here
Vancouver Investment Resource Conference (Vancouver):
Featuring a world class line-up of speakers, covering direct investments in public resource companies, speculative investing, resource exploration, oil & gas, green technology and clean energy, world outlook, investment strategies and more!
Technology Metals Summit (Toronto):
The Technology Metals Summit 2012 is a 2-day global event hosted by REE World and co-produced by Pro-edge Consultants Inc. and Market Edge Media. Bringing together the rare earth, rare metal and critical metal industry sector.
Mining Indaba (Cape Town, South Africa):
For 18 years, Investing in African has been at the forefront of investing in African mining. Investing in African Mining Indaba is the world’s largest gathering of mining’s most influential stakeholders and decision-makers vested in African mining.
Whistler Capital Conference (Whistler):
The conference is a full day intensive series of 20 minute one on one meetings between resource exploration companies and finance teams.
The four-day annual Convention held in Toronto, Canada has grown in size, stature and influence since it began in 1932 and today is the event of choice for the world’s mineral industry. In addition to meeting over 1,000 exhibitors, between 27,700 attendees from 120 countries, it allows you the opportunity to attend technical sessions, short courses as well as social and networking events.
Looking forward to seeing you there!
Top Investing News Network Content
Top 3 Articles this last quarter and who wrote them, how popular they actually are and how we gaged this. If you have not already taken a look perhaps you might want to!
- Silver Investment On Par with Gold by Melissa Pistilli was read over 5,000 times with an average read time of 8 minutes 42 seconds
- Ten Junior Gold Company’s for 2012 by Dave Brown was read over 3,000 times with an average read time of 3m 40s
- Emerging Heavy Rare Earth Deposits by Michael Montgomery was read almost 3,000 times with an average read time of 5m 34s
Google Analytics’ enables us to see a lot of cool things such as how many times people have read certain articles, how long they have spent reading the articles, how many of these are new readers etc. From our 30 websites I pulled the top 3 articles this quarter and the information that I thought would be the most interesting to you. With all our different websites we put out a lot of great pieces, but you may have missed these top ones. If that was the case feel free to have a look by clicking on the titles above and don’t be shy to “like” or “share” these articles on our facebook, twitter or linkedin accounts!
Thank you Mike for the inaugural post on your “Aha!” moment of social media. Click here to read Mike’s take on “What is Social Media”
As our company has grown over the past 3 years so has our team and the range of expertise and helpful information we come across. We will be sharing some of this information via our new Blog on the Dig Media site. Please check in with us weekly as members of our team share their insight, information and experiences.
The Digs on Dig
We like to do business with people that we know and that we like. We know that our team consists of amazing and unique people, but we want you, our clients to know as well. Subsequently we will be giving you the Digs on a new Dig team member with each of our newsletters.
DM: How long have you been working with Dig and how did you end up on our team?
ME: I started with the company 10 months ago on the 16th, man I can’t believe it’s almost been a year. I guess time flies when you’re working all the time, and having fun of course!! Haha! I came from the nonprofit world so this has been a big change but my education is from UBC in Marketing and Finance so really this is a great place for me to be right now!
DM: What exactly do you do for the company??
ME: Well I guess that depends on the day… It varies A LOT. I will go with Marketing. Really I do a range of things including changing layouts on our landing pages, helping increase conversion rates so our clients get more leads, creating newsletters, such as this one, so our clients are aware of what we are doing to add value to them and our company as a whole. If you catch me on a Friday afternoon though, my hands are usually tied kicking all the boys butts on the ping pong table!!
DM: What is your most embarrassing moment since being in this industry??
ME: My first week Mike asked me to edit a press release. Being completely unfamiliar with the language and the industry in general I was SUPER nervous. But I was VERY confident when pointing out 2 spelling mistakes I had come across, Adit and Assay. I learnt pretty quickly that those are not spelling mistakes, but it was definitely the most embarrassing and humbling moment since I’ve started!
DM: Although you’re not from Vancouver, you’ve pretty much made this your home now. So what is your favorite thing to do in Vancouver?
ME: Well this is definitely a season depending question. Winter I would have to say getting out of the city/rain and go skiing in Whistler or surfing in Tofino. In the summer I would either head to the North Shore for some downhill mountain biking or hit the seawall on my cruiser bike!