“Dig”ing into @the_PDAC – February 2012 Newsletter
“Dig”ing into @the_PDAC – February 2012 Newsletter
- “Dig” ing into @the_PDAC – Letter from Meredith Eades
- Upcoming Events – PDAC: What you don’t want to miss
- Resource Investing News Network Top Content
- Submit News Your News for March Catalyst Report
- Dig Blog - Telfer: Another Reason for National Regulators -Mike Rogers
- The Digs on Dig – Erik Norcott; They call me Thor!
“Dig” ing into @the_PDAC
We are excited to say that 2012 is off to a great start! Just recently we surpassed the 300,000 mark – that’s 300,000 leads generated for our advertisers. And with our great team heading to PDAC in Toronto we are looking forward to continued growth for Dig Media and our clients. As a media partner for what is considered the biggest mining and exploration show in the world, our Marketing team has been brainstorming a few ideas for putting Dig Media and our advertisers in the spotlight. The “buzz” around this show is ever present and so we have geared this newsletter around keeping you, our clients, prepared and in the know for this legendary event. Looking forward to seeing you there!
As always your thoughts, comments and suggestions are appreciated.
The four-day annual convention held in Toronto, Canada has grown in size, stature and influence since it began in 1932 and today is the event of choice for the world’s mineral industry. In addition to meeting over 1,000 exhibitors, between 27,700 attendees from 120 countries, it allows you the opportunity to attend technical sessions, short courses as well as social and networking events.
It seems that this is the show that everyone goes to whether you are presenting/have a booth or not. Given PDAC’s dominance in the industry we are focusing this month’s Upcoming Events solely on PDAC. Most of you are probably seasoned veterans for this show, but in case you are not here are just a few things we didn’t want you to miss.
- What New @the_PDAC: PDAC Mobile App! There is nothing worse than leaving your itinerary in your hotel room, loosing that valuable contacts business card or trying to figure out where the only presentation you wanted to see that started 3 minutes ago is and you can’t find your map.
Stress no more, PDAC has an awesome new app that has all these essentials in the palm of your hand. Get it by going to this link on your smart phone!
- What to be ready for @the_PDAC:
30,000+ people; 1,000+ exhibitors; 100+ visiting countries
That is a lot of potential exposure, so here are 5 Dirty Little Trade Show Secrets I came across. Gear these secrets and your pitch to the individual and you’re bound to come away with a high success rate.
- Your audience is impatient: Knowing your targets needs and wants is key
- Your audience is lazy: Making your offers user friendly will keep them from going to someone with less hassle
- Your audience is egotistical: Recognizing your target audience will make them like you more
- Your audience hates math: Keep is super simple (K.I.S.S.) will keep them there
- Your audience likes to be pushed: People need to hear something 6 times minimum before they remember it – don’t fall off their radar because you’re afraid to push
- What’s happening @the_PDAC: Events around these shows are abundant. The problem is how do you decide which ones to attend? We strongly recommend checking out the Events Page on the PDAC site, or you may follow us on twitter to see where and with whom we are with and the events that we hear about throughout our time at the show. @DigMedia
- @the_PDAC checklist: This is my first year to the show, but I have polled many experts in the industry for their top “must haves” for PDAC or any show for that matter. Hopefully this serves as a helpful tool as you prepare for your days in Toronto.
- Comfortable Shoes (Gentlemen)
- Change of shoes (Ladies)
- Business Cards
- Phone charger
- Vitamin C
- Lip Balm
- Cash for cabs to the Royal York Hotel
- Hand Sanitizer
@the_PDAC handy tool: On the note of bringing lots of business cards, what about all the cards you collect, misplace, spill coffee on, or put through the wash?? Thanks to linkedin there is an app for that!
Cardmunch: take a picture with the app and a business card is converted to a contact automatically. Plus see the contacts linkedin profile and the connections you have in common.
Market Your News and Presence at PDAC
PDAC Event Information Request
Last year we wrote some articles telling our 200,000+ audience about the events our clients were hosting at upcoming shows. We received a very positive response from this and are doing the same for PDAC.
If you would like to be included in this article, please make sure to submit your event/booth details to our production team here by next Tuesday, February 21.
March 2012 News Catalyst Information Request
As part of your campaign with Dig Media we want to work with you to educate our investor audience about potential news happening in the next 30-40 days which may act as a catalyst for your stock price.
Our Monthly News Catalyst Questionnaire is designed to help our analyst gather all the necessary information to compile the News Catalyst. Please fill in the sections that are applicable to your company and hit the submit button by next Friday, February 24.
Top Investing News Network Content
This months’ top 3 articles and authors. If you have not already taken a look perhaps you might want to!
- Top 10 Copper Producing Companies by Shihoko Goto was read over 2,000 times with an average read time of 5 minutes 7 seconds
- 2012 Silver Market Outlook by Michelle Smith was read over 2,000 times with an average read time of 4 minutes 10 seconds
- Silver Prices Surpasses $33 on Fed Statements by Michael Montgomery was read over 2,000 times with an average read time of 3 minutes 31 seconds
We know these are the top articles because of an amazing thing called Google Analytics. This tool shows us how people found our sites, how they explored them and how we can enhance the visitor’s experience. With this information we are forever working on ways to make improvements so there is more traffic to our articles and more exposure for your companies. If these are the categories of interest this month among our readers, they might be worth taking a second look.
As always and don’t be shy to “like” or “share” these articles on our facebook, twitter or linkedin accounts!
Recently Ian Telfer one of Canad’a most prominent mining executives and chairman of Goldcorp Inc was accused a “facilitating” secret trades in insider tipping and trading scheme by the OSC. Mike has been in the resource industry since 2006 so I asked him what he thought about it.
Dig Media Welcomes Amine Bouchentouf, the Commodity Investor – Helen Habernickel
Best Practices: Converting Leads into Investors, Business Partners or even Friends – Meredith Eades
The Digs on Dig
At some point in time you have had an opportunity to talk to or even meet some of our sales team. The sales team is integral in keeping our clients happy and for building our brand. Being the main point of contact of Dig Media, we wanted to help you get to know these people a little bit more intimately.
Erik Norcott joined the team back in July last year and he has been doing a stand up job representing and growing Dig Media. Subsequently, Erik will be joining us in Toronto at PDAC. So keep an eye out for him at the show, we are most certainly pleased to be bringing him with us!
DM: What is your background and why do you like doing sales for Dig?
EN: My background is business admin and I have been in the junior mining industry for the past 3 years both in investor relations and sales. I really enjoy working with Dig because I believe that the product has true value and I feel confident presenting it to prospective clients. I also see huge future expansion potential for the company and would love to be a part of that growth
DM: Have you ever been to PDAC Erik?
EN: This will be my first time but I’m really looking forward to it! Everyone I’ve spoken to about the conference has had nothing but good things to say. Lots of good client’s prospective clients and fun events to attend. All around it should be amazing week in Toronto!
DM: On average how many people do you call in a day/ how much time do you spend on the phone a day?
EN: (Laughs) I would say I call between 40-60 people a day between potential clients and current clients. I guess that the actual amount of time on the phone would be a few hours if you add it all up.
DM: Wow! That’s a lot of calls… Do you ever lose your voice from talking so much?
EN: Not yet!
DM: So you’re first day at Dig you acquired the nickname Thor… why is that?
EN: Haha! Thanks for bringing that one up! It would not have been the first time I’ve been called Thor. Why don’t you tell me why that is… I’m still trying to figure it out!
DM: Haha! Well I think it’s because you have an uncanny resemblance to the main character in Thor the movie. But ultimately we owe that nickname to Nick! He’s the name donor!
DM: This news letter has focused a lot on PDAC prep. What are your top 3 show survival tools?
3. A little hair of the dog, but not till later on of course!